1/07/2005

"Breathing is all it takes to be a miracle"

"I realized how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus I look forward to a good cry. Feels pretty good."

I just finished watching Garden State DVD... still waiting for it to sink it, lol... (I admit I missed a number of pointers watching it the first time. I learn quite a bit more watching the deleted scenes and listen to actors'/crews' comments) I love it actually. If you look at the overall of the whole film, it's not the best film but surely it's pretty good. Definitely there are a lot of scenes that stood out to me. Especially the dialogues. Zach Braff, you sure can write great stuff, man. I LOVE the dialogues throughout the movie, and Natalie Portman did great on acting.

"If nothing else, that's life, you know. It's real. Sometimes it fucking hurts. To be honest, it's sort of all we have."


btw, the quote in my title is from one of the deleted scenes called "Interior Ark"... one of the best lines/contexts in the movie, too bad it had to be cut out.

If you haven't seen it, definitely pick up the DVD. (I know, if you have yet to see it, the lines mean very little to you... sorry I'm not gonna tell the contexts which they are in, you have to see the movie itself to really appreciate them. ;) )

I hate it when I miss seeing good movie like this in theater and have to catch up watching it from DVD. >.<


picture by: Fox Searchlight Pictures

update: I didn't know Zach Braff did (still does?) a Garden State blog o_O... Where have I been? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Some Rights Reserved © 2004-2006, iblogg.blogspot.com. Via Creative Commons License.