12/05/2004

The shorter story; No love, no glory; No hero in her sky

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky
[...]
And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
...

---------------Damien Rice's The Blower's Daughter

Slow news week this week, or at least everybody is just too busy with their lives before holiday... workers try to finish all the work before the break, college students "trying" to finish their last (group) assignment and/or study for final exams...

Anyway, I've been hessitating whether or not I should post comment on Closer. In the past few years I've learned that sometimes the best way to see a movie is to know as little as possible about it before walking into the theater. So I don't exactly like to give people movie review cuz once you know about something (even not the content, but just the overall feeling of it) there's an expectation that the work needs to go over before one thinks that it is good, or the "wow" factor (you won't go "wow" unless it's over your expectation)

But I think I should give it a post because once I read Sarah Lane's review and a number of other people's comments, I believe what I think about the movie is true.

Have you ever been so in love, while at the same time you are bored with it? If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you might wanna skip this post and read Sarah's review instead... u see? sometimes we determine how good a story is by how much we can relate to it, personally. Sarah's review and a number of people's comments show that a number of people don't really get the inside feeling of the story (and I don't blame them since there are a number of movies that I can only see/experience the outside shell of it too.)

Love is a funny thing. It has so many faces that most of us know only a few of its face, and we miss out when the story about the unknown face to us is told.

Closer is a feelings roller-coaster to me. We are taken up and down a number of times throughout the story (just like love?) and yea, I think it's pretty cryptic since, like I said, it's unlikely that you get it if you can't relate to it... (very much like my other very fav movie: Lost in Translation)

Surely you can say that the characters are "flawed" but I think that's exactly what makes them real. No one is perfect and, believe it or not, there are people that are so lost with love that it makes them even more flawed. If you look carefully, all of them want to do "the right thing" but they are influenced by love, and they react to love differently. Of course there were times that I disagree with their decisions but again I think I know people in real-life who would make the same exact stupid decision, expecially for love.

Love is a funny thing.

...
I was gonna say more about how people today enjoy things that are flawed and real, but I think I'll save it for later... I don't want to make the post too long and it covers a lot more than just this movie.

btw, an extra link for
MV of Damien Rice's The Blower's Daughter--Closer OST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Some Rights Reserved © 2004-2006, iblogg.blogspot.com. Via Creative Commons License.