my rant, but it's good to hear that open source project ideas are getting bigger and bigger. We can only get better quicker when the ideas are shared, and not restricted just because someone "own" them.
Speaking about sharing idea, Dave Winer (the inventor of RSS) has proved that making it too open is a bad thing too. Once an idea becomes popular, everybody tries to jump on it and start changing the standard just because they want to--making everything complicated again since the ideas are not anymore shared, but yet again owned by someone.
There are lots of good RSS supporters recently though:
- ABC news RSS headlines
- WebMD News RSS
- More BroadCatching?: Wired: "Videos Quick, Easy and Automatic" - Videora
more RSS update:
- "Seattle Public Library...RSSified!!"
- MSN Search supports RSS, differentiated self from other search sites
via: Scripting News
It started out as a technology blog, but now it's more of a personal stories and quotes collection than anything ;)
Stories I Currently Digg
- Digg.com (see what I "dugg")
- Lab Rats
- Cranky Geeks
- Tiki Bar TV
- Ask A Ninja
- Leo Laporte's blog
- Hack a Day
Podcast Links: *Outdated*
- What is "Podcast"? (Wikipedia)
- How to Get a Podcast (2)
- Podcast Main Directory
- Adam Curry's blog
- Dave Winer's blog
- Dawn and Drew Show!
- IT Conversations
- Dave Slusher's Evil Genius Chronicles
- komo 1000 news
- Podcast Alley Directory
- How-to: Podcasting (Mac)
- How to Record Podcast on Mac (Effects)
- How-to: Podcasts on Portable Windows Devices
- Another How-to for Non-iTunes Users
- Interesting Articles on Podcast
- More How-to Documents
- RSS Basics
- How-to: RSS
- RSS 2.0 Specification
- 25-Foot Rock Falls on LA Road
- Get Ready for Podcasting
- Blogophobic Companies
- Minor Updates on Previous Post
- Second Grader, Stop Sketching cuz Paintings are Co...
- "Breathing is all it takes to be a miracle"
- Too many news, too little time
- National Public Radio Starts Podcasting
- Daily Source Code Setup
- Pod People