5/15/2005

Just Breathe

"...
2am and I'm still awake, writing this song
If I get it all down on paper it's no longer
inside of me, threaten' the life it belongs to.
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.

But you can't jump the track
We're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass glued to the table,
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand
And breath, just breathe
ohho breathe, just breathe"

-"Breathe (2AM)," Anna Nalick


I've made a personal record during the last few days. I watched the total of 7 movies in 3 days. 2 in theater on Thursday. Friday, went back again and watched 3 more (straight from 11am to 6pm +/-10min;) got back home and watch half of an DVD but couldn't go through all of it, lol. Saturday I watched another DVD, just because it's the last day of that DVD rental.

It's either my brain has gone upside down, or I've gone soft; but when I got back home and read some reviews about those movies that I just watched, I disagree with a number of the critics... What movies did I watched? Let's see:

-Crash (definately one of the best films. A little too dark imho, if you don't really know LA. But great script, the whole thing was all driven by the power of its script.)
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (ok... didn't expect much from it, other than I heard that it's one of the best sci-fi novels out there. Overall it was a fun movie though)

-A Lot Like Love (now this I like, maybe it's just too early in the morning, but critics don't exactly like this one.)
-The Interpreter (blah, could have been a lot better... great casts, boarderline script... not much of a story in there, as expected.)
-Kingdome of Heaven (walked into this just because I had time, didn't expect much but was pretty inspiring at times.)

-Spanglish (the one I didn't finish, just because I already watched it once and was trying to listen to director's comment this time)

-Primer (wth is this movie? Awards winner and I kept waiting for the story to unfold. Worst opening scene ever!, and it makes me not wanting to watch any scifi movies that involve the playing with time ever again. My head hurts after watching this one.)

So yea, watching this many movies in a row can make you crazy. You can see how bored I was (and still am) trying to watch director's comment even after having gone through 3 movies. I guess I was just trying to get my mind of things, or maybe trying to get my mind into something. I'm still looking forward to watch more, actually... Do you ever have the feeling, when you are free, that you are supposed to do something so that the time can go faster but you don't know what to do? or maybe you kind of know, but you are just to lazy to do actual work? Well, I'm deep into that hole. It might take awhile for me to (even start trying to) climb out.

Sometimes time's just gone too fast, and sometimes it's just isn't fast enough.

update:
day4 - Sunday the 15th: watched 2 more DVDs
-Japanese Story (another award winning, not much of a story to me... I'm starting to think it's me)
-Assault on Precinct 13 (an average good action movie, if that makes any sense. What is it with shooting in the head in this movie anyway :\ )

yea, I need to get a life... Can't wait for Monday, lmao :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Some Rights Reserved © 2004-2006, iblogg.blogspot.com. Via Creative Commons License.