2/17/2005

I'm all spent

Blogging is a strange thing... you get into a cycle of wanting to stop, then you can't help to start blogging again. At first you want people to read your blog; but then consciencely you think that your friends are reading, so you don't want to express any extreme opinions, especially against them. I know a number of bloggers have more than one blog just to escape from this exact scenario. Also blogging is a part-time (if not full-time) job. It always takes longer than you think. But I assure you it's fun. By talking about your opinions, of what you think; you get to reflect on youself, what you have learned, and why you think the way you are.

I once again got into the trap of thinking too much about the readers. By trying to make everything "perfect," you become a lifeless routine poster which is the exact opposite of what blogging is about. I felt obligated to [read and] post all the news, and it tired--as well as bored--me out. But something today got me back at blogging again. I don't know what--I will have to get back to you on that.

I do have a long list of links, collected in the past week when I didn't blog. I really need to cut back on news links collection and focus more on talking about the ones that are really important.

Is time a factor in blogging? You bet. But you can always find time for things that you think are important, right?

I hope so...

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Eric Carlson said...

Right! That is a good call on blogging, it is really time consuming, I think it is important to write it for yourself before anyone else... Good luck on everything.

Eric

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger jollybeggar said...

yep- i hear ya. i tend to do far too much editing (does 'editing' have two t's?- that sorta thing)
and although i try to only spend 1/2-3/4 of an hour on blogging... here i am at nearly 1:00 a.m. checking to see if anyone has read my stuff since i checked last about four hours ago. does checking your own blog and reading others' count as blogging? kinda sad, really. still, it's good to get things out there, disciplined or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Some Rights Reserved © 2004-2006, iblogg.blogspot.com. Via Creative Commons License.